|Ontotectonic Projection for 2014.05.03*.|
This map depicts the crucial theater of the reality war; subduction zones elsewhere are diversions or attempts at second fronts.
-GURPS Horror: The Madness Dossier p. 58
- Babylon (near Hillah), Iraq: Significant holy city of Akkadian-Mesopotamian civilization and capital of the Neo-Babylonian Empire.
- Byblos, Lebanon: Capital of the Phoenician Civilization .
- Gaza, Palestinian Authority: Founded as a bronze-age Egyptian fortress in Canaanite territory and currently an epicenter of Palestinian-Israeli conflict.
- Great Sphinx of Giza, Egypt: This iconic ruin may be much older than the Pyramid complex it is associated with, and may predate Egyptian civilization entirely.
- Karnak, Egypt: Center of worship for Amun during the 18th dynasty of Ancient Egypt.
- Nineveh (in Mosul), Iraq: Major city of Upper Mesopotamia.
- Nippur (near Nuffar), Iraq: Major Sumarian holy city until supplanted by Babylon. Currently the site of a significant Project archeological dig.
- Tell Megiddo, Israel: A city-state of ancient Israel, and the site known as "Armageddon" in the Book of Revelations.
- Ur (near Tell el-Muqayyar), Iraq: Significant Sumerian city; the Ziggurat of Ur is the best preserved of those structures.
*In-universe the Google boilerplate would be absent, of course.