This group has one player who is new to GURPS and one player for whom this is their first RPG ever, so I wanted to make character creation simple, so we are using the templates from Maddness Dossier. I liked the idea of a Project Sandman with limited resources, political considerations and bureaucratic procedures (I'm a huge fan of Charles Stross' Laundry Files books), so we are using the -22 lens for Patron (adding Minimal Intervention) on Madness Dossier p. 22. In order to satisfy GURPS-ian pentaphilia, I decided on 330 point characters (350 point templates -22 point lens +2 points).
We ended up with:
- Professor Sir James Hook -Applied Archeologist; British career spook with an academic cover.
- Knox - Cheval (Loa: Oggun); former New Orlean criminal, recruited after witnessing Irruptors.
- [Name Pending] -Cheval (Loa: Wabbit and Damballah); former Olympic Gymnast had a breakdown during Sandman training.
- Coheli - Golden Child
- [Name Pending] -Commando; Beta Israeli Oketz (special forces canine unit) trooper, recruited after encountering Irruptors in the field.
- [Name Pending]- Neurolingist; British academic psychologist with a gift for manipulation, recruited into the Project by her ex-husband, Sir James.
- Cornelius Q. Bisset -Reality Archeologist; requited on the Nineveh dig project, found a perfectly spherical crystal reality shard - the Nineveh Glass.
Character creation with the templates went very smoothly, and everyone is pretty excited to start.